Friday, September 14, 2007

Poem

One of the members of the PSC group I belong to wrote this poem and posted it today, so I had to share, it is funny and whitty!

Keep Hope in Sight


Yellow eyes, jaundiced skin,

What a lousy shape I'm in,

Swollen ankles, sloshy belly,

Squishy like they're filled with jelly,

Itch and scratch, til it's sore,

Then I itch and scratch some more,

Cramping legs, cramping feet,

Stretch them out and then repeat,

Sleepy days, up at night,

Thinking isn't quite so bright,

Am I tired or am I lazy?

This itching's going to drive me crazy!

Colors seem to fade to grays,

As I'm feeling more malaise,


But keep a future hope in sight,

When yellow eyes will turn to white,

Fluffy ankles will deflate,

Maybe I won't sleep so late,

Surely I won't feel so drained,


Certainly I'll feel less pained,


Thank you Lord, there's hope in sight,

When yellow eyes will turn to white,

By transplant or Your glory bright.

Written by: Darryl Powlison

No comments:

***BREAKING NEWS- Big Bird had his Liver Transplant on Wednesday December 12, 2007***

Adventures in Big Bird's Liver World is an account of the daily adventures, trials, frustrations and workings of living with PSC. My brother, aka Big Bird, was diagnosed with PSC in 2000, after battleing UC for many years. He was listed for a transplant in May 2007. We now await the infamous "call". In the mean time, this is where we vent, poise questions and ramble about life, doctor appointments, illness, good days & bad days.