Wednesday, December 12, 2007

No more NyQuil!

So Thanksgiving weekend my Mom & Jerry brought over the plague (a nasty virus that has been going around really). I ended up getting sick for nearly two weeks. Melissa ended up sick as well.

I finally got better, then Big Bird comes down with it. He was walking around the house Sunday morning asking why I was trying to kill him (please keep in mind that I have been sick and actually came home early the previous Friday). I told him, yes, yes I am trying to kill you. It is my goal in life to make you as miserable as I possibly can. ;-) (what are sisters for right?)

So, Monday night, he is still sick and had been taking Tylenol Severe Cold (yes he can take Tylenol even though he has liver disease we asked his liver doc!). I suggested he take NyQuil before he went to bed-what could it possibly hurt right?

So, I am in my nice warm snugly bed, and I get a RUDE awakening at 12:45AM, Big Bird busts through my bedroom door, thrashes on my light and yells, "Tiffany something isn't right"-I am dead asleep-startled to grogginess and he throws his florescent yellow eyes in my face and asked "are my eyes dilated?" Do you have any idea how frightening a jaundice persons face is when it is thrusted into your face in the middle of the night? It isn't a pleasant sight!!!! Apparently what little amount of alcohol that is in NyQuil made him drunk on medicine.

At this point he is trying to convince me we need to go to the ER, cause "it's not right", I told him to drink some water and go to bed. "Are you sure? I don't feel right", I respond, "Yes, Dusty, just get some sleep", he reluctantly lays down in his bed.

The next morning, I am up cleaning up the kitchen, he walks in ever so nonchalantly and exclaims "so, ya think I shouldn't take NyQuil anymore?" I ever so sarcastically respond, "ya think"

So, yeah, there ya have it, no more NyQuil for Big Bird!!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am laughing so hard I'm crying!! I guess that's because I can visualize everything and how it happened. LOL I wish I could have been a fly on th wall... hahahaha

Anonymous said...

OK....I just read this, but I too can totally visualize this event. I have a similar story about affecting someone with an alcohol filled product, only I continued to do it over time without knowing. (Horse linament on Scott when he was waiting to have his discs replaced in his neck...we were working under the 'a little does a little good, a lot does'....well, you get the idea)Fortunately I learned to read and found I had been slathering enough alcohol to 'KILL' a horse on my poor sweet husband. He still accuses me of trying to knock him off!

***BREAKING NEWS- Big Bird had his Liver Transplant on Wednesday December 12, 2007***

Adventures in Big Bird's Liver World is an account of the daily adventures, trials, frustrations and workings of living with PSC. My brother, aka Big Bird, was diagnosed with PSC in 2000, after battleing UC for many years. He was listed for a transplant in May 2007. We now await the infamous "call". In the mean time, this is where we vent, poise questions and ramble about life, doctor appointments, illness, good days & bad days.